Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday 13 August 2013


Meet this week's Pretty Bird, illustrator Liselotte Watkins. You may be familiar with her work, her pens are responsible for iconic collaborations with Miu Miu, Absolut, Marimekko/H&M, Valextra and Rodebjer. I first met her when we worked on a watch editorial for a magazine here in Milan. That was an awesome experience to say the least, and for our celebratory lunch she wore a vintage white fur chubby and high waist flare jeans (immediate crush!). Not long after that, she totally amazed me when she agreed to illustrate me for my Tamu's Diary on Grazia.it. I was so honored! I love that illustration so much, please see it below the interview. In the meantime, please join me in getting to know this amazingly stylish wife, mother and illustrator...










Name:  Liselotte Watkins Falk
Occupation: Illustrator 
Passion: Drawing
Hometown: Nyköping, Sweden
Current Town: Milan
Favorite City: Paris
Favorite place to shop in Paris: Vanves Flea Market
Favorite place to dine in Paris: Brasserie Lipp
What do you do to get your day started: Drink lots of coffee
Favorite Breakfast Food: Coffee and brioche
Favorite Food: Anything that someone else cooks for me. I do make mean swedish pancakes though.
Favorite Fruit: Anything fresh from the market. But if I have to bring one thing to a remote island I guess strawberries.
Favorite Breakfast spot: Café San Gregorio
What's your beauty routine: I dont like routines. But I do love rituals. But as far as daily beauty care goes I just kind of grab whatever is close at hand.
Skin: Soap and water. My kids creams from the Swedish pharmacy. If I feel rich I buy crazy expensive creams and then realise that it is not just genes that makes people have good skin.
Where do you cut your hair: I cut it myself. Now very well.
Nails and other personal grooming: None. I really should try and be a bit more high maintenance.
Where do you shop in Milan? Prada, Jil Sander and the fleamarket "Pulci e non solo."
Describe your style: I like my clothes to be a bit quiet and weird. My ideal is a bit Julian Schnabel, some David Hockney and then some Manuela Pavesi.
What are your favorite brands: Rodebjer, Jil Sander and Prada.
Any style rules:  Diana Vreeland once said: "You don´t have to be born beautiful to be wildly attractive." I try to hold on to that.
What do you do before you go to bed: I so wish I could say read. I should. 

SUMMER VACATION:
What are your plans for the summer? Sicily for three weeks.
Favorite Summer drink? Piscine
What's your favorite Summer outfit? Anything old and colorful in cotton. 

Liselotte wears:
Look 1: Jil Sander trousers, vintage top and blazer and Prada shoes.
Look 2: Vintage YSL skirt, Jil Sander jacket, Rodebjer t-shirt and Jil Sander shoes.
Look 3: Jil Sander top and skirt, Churches shoes.

0 comments :

Post a Comment