Powered by Blogger.

Friday 31 May 2013


Ciao Guys! How are you? I'm on the train heading back to Milan after two inspiring days at the Venice Art Biennale. And while I'm loving the pieces that I picked for my last 7-lips installment, I'm already daydreaming about new pieces. Here's why I love them...
1- Have you ever seen me in anything cropped or revealing? No, right? Why you ask? Because after the birth of my soon-to-be six-year-old there has been so much to celebrate, with tons of delicious wine and yummy food becoming a constant part of my existence. Hence, my not so gorgeous, anti-reveal/crop anything abs. I'm totally O.K. with the situation though (wink and smile). That being said, the crop and cut-out looks that have been making their way down recent runways have driven me to the point of obsession. That white Balenciaga bra-top? Don't even get me started. That's a piece I would purchase (if there were any left) for the sole purpose of owning a thing of such refined and pure beauty. But maybe the tummy reveal is not so out of reach, and maybe I should be a little more realistic and start with baby steps. Like this super pretty floral dress by Suno NY. I like to think of it as the strategic reveal dress. It's cut out at the right height of the torso so that it covers your bellybutton and shows just the right amount of skin under your breasts. I also love the below the knee legnth and pencil silhouette (one of my favorites). Guys! I'm convinced! Finally a cut-out for me.

2- How cute is this CC Skye Love Me Knot bangle set? Perfect for layering with other favorite bracelets.

3 and 7-  As a print lover how could I not love a beautiful Erdem print? This wedgwood-inspired print blouse with touches of neon yellow and black is perfect for this season's blue trend and will look amazing with other power prints like these "Nallie" printed silk pants by Malene Birger. I'm totally obsessed with the palette!    

4- I've been eying these Alexander Wang Agata glow in the dark sandals for a couple months now. My love of white shoes combined with a new-found fascination with pvc are pushing me to the point of obsession.

5- Maybe like you, I've developed a serious obsession for clutches recently. I mean, I've always used them, but now I find myself actively looking for them and not just for the evening. I especially love this one by Maiyet. The color contrast and gold accents are everything.   

6- I was never a big fan of "mystical" jewelry, but I've steadily developed a feeling for the genre over the past few months. I think that seeing a few really strong pieces at my favorite jewelry store here in Milan spurred my interest. And as my fascination grows, amazing pieces like these earrings by the Australian based brand MANIAMANIA are constantly entering my radar. I know I would wear them all summer. In fact, I feel really warm, calm and peaceful with just the thought of myself on a beach with the light at sunset reflecting off the gold chains.

0 comments :

Post a Comment